A Room with a View

Friday, February 02, 2007

Seasons...

I've been gone so long that I didn't get to blog about either the autumn sunsets or the (very! exciting! rare!) winter snow in Trendy Seaside City.These photos definitely sum up why I really can't imagine living anywhere else...


The top photo is the sun setting over the sea at the bottom of our square. The middle photo is the remains of a once grand Victorian pier, which, even in its present state, I still find incredibly beautiful and mesmerizing. I love the way that it looks very different depending on the light in the sky and on the sea. The final photo shows the gardens in our square in the snow, with our house in the background between the two big trees. We live on the second (third in US) floor. (Yes, I realize that to most of you this small amount wouldn't really qualify as snow, but we almost never get snow just a few metres from the sea in the Southern England, so I was more than a little excited!)

On a separate note, thank you so much for all the lovely comments that you left yesterday - I was so touched that you all stopped by and gave me such a warm welcome back. You truly are the best, and I'll be stopping by all your blogs very, very soon. :)

8 Comments:

Blogger jo(e) said...

That first photo is stunning. Wow.

2:19 am  
Blogger Ianqui said...

You know, it's hard to take an original, non-cliched photo of a sunset, but the top picture is stunning. The light is amazing, of course, but the people add that extra oomph.

4:31 am  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Thanks, jo(e) and ianqui. Unsurprisingly, I have the top photo as the backscreen on my laptop! I couldn't really believe how well it came out, and although at the time of taking it I sort of wanted it to be free of people, I totally agree that they help to make the photo.

7:55 am  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

What jo(e) and ianqui said. I can't stop looking at that top photo.

3:32 pm  
Blogger krisluvswool said...

Beautiful photo... and I'm just so happy you're back and blogging :)

9:27 pm  
Blogger Alice said...

Welcome back! Oh, the photos are gooooorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

12:58 am  
Blogger comebacknikki said...

Gorgeous photos!

9:22 pm  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Wow! Gorgeous!

4:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home